Re: Forgive me

At 02:36 AM 7/13/97 -0700, you wrote:
>Dear Scirocco brethren,
>Please bestow upon my unworthy soul your forgivness. Ive had thoughts of
>buying an old datsun 510 and stripping it down and putting small block
>chey 350 in. Can you imagine how fast a 1100 pound car would be with
>350hp.Once again sorry.
>shannon
>87 16V

Uh, why bother. Its been done before and its not really that impressive.
Besides, it is alot heavier than you might think. The motor is too much for
the old chassis and the short wheelbase makes it not too much fun to dri
ve. (Twice I seen a friends turn left and shoot off of the dragstrip! Its a
good thing we were in the desert and there wasnt a guard rail on that side
of the track. (or people!)
Your thoughts are not as evil as you think. After we got home from a
miserable drag race. (We broke the chassis) We decided to put our 800hp fuel
injected 460 CU IN alcohol burning chevy motor into a 78 Honda civic! Well,
we drank on it somemore and we ended up not doing it. (Good thing too)
So, now that this sick thought has passed, break out a "Tuners" catalog and
order something for your 16V! (pentence or something...)

Shawn
86' Jetta GLi
82' Scirocco GTi
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and