Re: AT Sway Bar Woes (long)(snipped)

At 09:10 AM 7/11/97 -0600, you wrote:

>[rant alert]
>Allright....Here's my experience with ther lovely and talented Autotech
>hollow, front swaybar for the MKII.
>Just to add weight (sic) to the generel impression  that seems to be running
>around that they suck.....

Ive only heard bad things abouit them and Autotech refuses to recognize they
have a hardware problem with the bars. I dont get it, its bad business. (Then
again, its not my company so what do I care..)

>So....I'm going to look at the Neuspeed and ABD bars as a replacement.
Anybody
>have any opinions on either?

I looked rel quick at ABD's add and from what I can tell, they offer a solid
swaybar as well. Im willing to bet that they are from the same manufacturer
that Autotech gets their bars from. To be completely safe, get yourself a
Neuspeed swaybar and put all this hassle behind you. I've been looking
through different swaybar makers and I was suprised to find there are only a
few out there. Im sure some are Neuspeed bars with a different sticker name
on it.

>I must also say that I'm pretty reluctant to buy anything else from Autotech
>sicne they've been really not helpfull.
>rich
>'87 16v

You are not alone.