Re: crankshaft seal FUN!!!!!!

> From:          "Mark Langford" <langford@hiwaay.net>
> To:            <scirocco-l@privatei.com>
> Subject:       Re: crankshaft seal FUN!!!!!!

> Heating the bolt loosens the loctite.  That was the point of my post.  Heat
> it and the gear won't break.  Don't heat it, and you may get to go buy a
> new one, no matter how you generate the torque to get it off.

Contrary to popular believe not everyone has the tool or is
confortable using a torch beneith thier car.  Like myself.  I have a
torch but I'd rather not use it if I don't have to.  This is the
point of my alternate way of removing the sprocket.  Its fast and
easy.

You CANNOT brake the sprocket using the method I mentioned.  Its
silly that you would even consider that!  Have you ever done this
job?

                                      Jay
'80 Scirocco 1.8 8v

Check out the Watercooled VW gallery...