Re: Back from WaterFest!!

Jason Brunberg wrote:

> Scirocco4@aol.com wrote:
> >
> > This years waterfest was the best.  That VR6 Scirocco made my day.
>
>         That's true!  I forgot about that one.  Sweet looking car.  It's funny
> because the bumpers were beaten, the tires were shredded (BIG chunks
> taken out of the sides on the front) and the interior was absolutely
> filthy.  However, it was Canary yellow, had a full Corrado dash,
> beootiful g60 rims (I always wanted to know how they'd look on a ROC),
> and that sweet slab of metal with VR6 written on it.
>
>         It was a tight fit, but he had it in there perfectly.  I asked him
> about the cv on the driver's side, cuz it looked like it was on a rather
> strange angle, but he assured me everything was kosher, because he had
> been beating on it for about 2 weeks, and all was smooth.  I hope so...
> Nice and low, too.  He had some kind of coilover setup (Carreras?).  I
> have a bunch of pix of that car too, can't wait to see them.  Out of
> curiosity, does anyone remember the owner's name?  I know that his buddy
> was named Tom, but I can't remember his name at all.
>
> jason
> 87 16V

Yea, I think that Scirocco had a 4 foot shoehorn in the trunk that the
guy used to wedge that motor in.  I commend that guy's ingenuity!  It
was pretty obvious that the car was still a year away from utter
slickness.  He said it's slammed way too far down on the suspension, and
it rides rougher than hell!  But he drove it there, and it ran, so cool!
I still favor the g60 setup strongly vs. the VR6

Jim
That was a great show!

Oh, by the way, I was looking for smoked corner markers for my wife's
Jetta...$44.95 at some booth there...went to the Hella
trailer...$20.00...Guys, it DOES pay to shop!