Re: Scirocco Range

> Hi
>
> This may seem like a dim question but i would like to know the Scirocco range ie
> GT,GTi,GTX etc, where do they all fit in like top and bottom.
>
> For the record I purchased a 1985 1.8 GTX and i would like to know a bit more about it.
>
> Thanks
>
> Nicola

Right, well... It's a little difficult...

Based on UK cars, and only Mk. IIs as that's all I can reliably
say....

1980 - 1983

CL - Base (1500 Carb)
GL -  Comfort (1600 Carb)
GTi - Sport (1600i)

1983 - about 85

GT - Base (1600 carb)
GT'S' - 2 x different limited editions, first lot 1600 carb, slightly
up on GT, second lot 1800 carb, same trim as GT
GTL - Comfort (1800 carb)
GTX - Sports (1800i)
Storm - Luxury Sports (1800i - Leather) Limited to 600 models

About 85 - About 89

GTL Dropped
Scala - Limited production originally - 1800 carb
GTX - as before
GTX 16v - Trim as GTX, with 16v engine to special order only

1989 - end...

GT dropped, replaced by GTII (1800 carb, trim and body kit as GTX)
GTX dropped, replaced by
Scala now full production, but with 1800i engine
GTX 16v dropped

Scala dropped mid 1991, GTII dropped 1992 - the end....

Hope that helps...
Jeremy R. Bromley       --- Events Manager, Corrado Club of Great Britain
eMail to - jbromley@enterprise.net