Re: Trans update, dealer's ok !

On 16 Jan 97 at 8:54, I.Mannix wrote:

> Walter Quitt?  Someone in r.a.m.vw has a list - ff would probably be
> an easy one to get, and it is an appreciable transmission, not *too*
> bad.  I still say get the rebuild - hope the dealer is OK with it!

I found the list of tranny codes and printed it out.  I called the
guy at Campbell/Nelson VW and informed him that his "wide" ratio 4K
in fact was a closer ratio than my 9A.  I told him no thanks.  I did
this after I got the ok to get the rebuild job <happy, happy joy,
joy!).  The only negative was that the guy didn't have any tall 5th
laying around.  Oh yeah, and I had to fork over the Passat and now am
driving a MazDUH Protege.  Still beats walkin :)

I figure I can always find a tall 5th and do it myself this summer.
I'll be happy enough just to have my old gears in a nice tight trans!

Rick    hugacub@whidbey.net
85 Scirocco 8V  Wolfsburg
Oak Harbor, WA
(On Whidbey Island in the Puget Sound)