Re: Weird Phenoms

<SNIP>
> >the negative battery cable, turn on your lights.  If your car dies
> >on you then your alternator is most likely shot.
>

> I vaguely remember reading somewhere that one should never disconnect the
> ground strap while the engine is running.  Something about damaging
> electronic components (ignition module?)  Am I talking outta my ass?
> Someone set me straight.  b----------

I think its the (+) wire that you disconnect to check if the alt is
working.   If you diconnect the ground, the car WILL stall even if
you got a gold alternator!!  If you diconnect the ground, it will
take the computer for a hike down Beverly Hills!

Frank

PS this message is only the fruit of my brain thinking.  I may be
wrong.  But I got a degree in electronics and I know my base.