Re: Coil over shocks?

Brandon Sommerville wrote:

> Ok folks, I am searching for enlightenment.
>
> I'm tired of reading the magazines and nodding wisely when they talk about
> coil over shocks or struts.  Exactly what do they mean?
>
> Thanks in advance...
>
> Brandon Sommerville

I already beat ya to it!  The term coil over actually refers to the kind
of strut/shock/spring setup that most VW's have.  The spring surrounds
the shock/strut. Other cars, mostly trucks nowadays, have springs
seperate from the shocks.  What the magazines and all the tuning
companies call coil overs are the threaded shocks which allow movement
of the ride height by screwing/unscrewing the the spring bottom.  I am
going to get Jamex's raceline threaded shcoks for my Scriocco I think.
I just need to find out if their spring rates are good.  Lata,
Josh Clark