injection - how it works!

Hi!

it's me, the far-away guy on the list again

I ve got a sciro 86, 8v and it has the 5 cyl Audi injector head (somebody,
please tell me what it is in English!), anyway the thing with the plate
inside deciding the amount of air/fuel.

If everything else is in top shape - what difference (if any) does the wrong
injecor head (as i call it) make! (I've got the Audi outside pressure-sensor
as well - i had some problems with that before, electrical ones, now they're
ok). The thing is that the car runs ok now, but i've got a gut feeling it
has some hidden resources..

I wouldn't be asking any of this, only they ask me 1200usd for a new one and
it's half the price i paid for the car! And the junkyard are empty ....

THANKS_A_LOT,

Arno Pae