Re: Guages?

>1. Upper strut bearing removal--I guess this isn't a do it yourself thing
>unless you have an impact wrench.  Do a lot of you guys out there have your
>own?  Don't you need a completely different set of sockets for those
>things?

>benton---------

Benton - I simply go to my favorite tire store (don't have an impact
wrench) and borrow the tool - takes minutes, and loosen the nuts
significantly.  Drive slow on the way home.  I am normally replacing the
bearings anyway, so I don't care if I damage them - but - I have done this
and driven 2ish miles on them loose(slowly), to take springs out/reinstall
using old bearings - this did not seem to affect wear.  YMMV, but that's
how I do it!  Also, renting an electric wrench is a good idea.  I have
found that most shops (tire, especially) don't mind doing these things -
get the hood up, get a socket on the nut (for this, a 1/2" drive Crapsman
has always worked for me), borrow tool, zap them off, done.  I guess it
helps if you have been a customer for a while, but even so, I doubt many
shops would have a problem with it.  Best of luck!

Mannix (maybe go to the shop where you plan on getting it aligned - that
way, they're making some money out of the deal).