Re: Harness

>As far as Chris's refusal to wear belts on the street, that's an
>argument that will win itself in time, I think...

Alright, Kevin.  This is probably true.  But thank you for putting it that
way.  Anyway, this is not why I'm writing--

I was pulled over once for speeding (big surprise) and my friend was in the
passenger seat w/ the Schroth on (I have 'em on both sides).  The officer
noticed them and threatened to write me a ticket.  He said that they are
illegal for street use under the "it's a sign of speed" law, like when you
spin your tires or FLOOR it up to the speed limit, etc.  Things that aren't
really braking the law, but sort of show that you intend to.

Anyway, I chewed him out and got away w/ yet another seatbelt ticket (I
wasn't wearing one).  $42 is cheaper than 90mph in a 55mph, with insurance
increases over 3 years!

I was pulled over once while wearing them myself, a week after, but the
officer didn't say anything about them.

Has anyone else been pulled over w/ them on?

Chris Taylor
'87 Scirocco G60-to-be