Re: Harness

>>1.  It's a bitch.
>>2.  If you get in a "flammable" accident, you're gonna burn, pal.
>
>Differently than if you are wearing a stock seatbelt?  I don't see it.
>(they are a hassle).

Well, what don't you see? To remove a stock seatbelt, It's merely a tap on a
button.  My harnesses have the buckle in the center but I have to loosen it
in 4 places before I can get out, even after unbuckling.

>Well, I guess compared to nothing, the harnesses are somewhat restrictive
>in a flammable situation.  Darwinism?  Umm, Chris, if you do a will, think
>of me.  Smile.  It is your right not to wear it, and mine to make fun of
>you for it;).

Yeah, when I put a seatbelt on, I think to myself "I'm gonna get in an
accident."  Why else would you wear a seatbelt?  I was in a head on
collision (not in the rocco) and I was going 50 and the other car 20mph.  No
seatbelt, the airbag didn't go off, but I saw it coming and braced myself
(stiffened those arms up on the wheel) and I came out just fine.  Nobody was
hurt.  I'm NOT IN ANYWAY putting down seatbelts, just justifying why I don't
use them.

You're in the will, man.

Chris Taylor
'87 Scirocco G60-to-be
"Son, don't you know the DODGE Stealth is NOT the
one that's impervious to radar?"--a cop last year when
I got pulled over in my stealth going 130+mph.