Keeping it real! Another VeeDub for me (maybe)

Hey everyone... I still havent sold my car and it has given me time to think.
 I'm still milling over getting the 3rd gen rx7 (its silly fast and
yellow...)
BUT i found a few good sciroccos that tickled my fancy.  Theres a Red 88 16v
with 50k on the clock that i can get for or less then $2000.  but it needs
the front air damn.  Other then that, i'd have a large budget to play with
(approx 4k)  Of which the first k would go to a nice electric
blue/green/yellow paint job.  Anyway i love my car to death but i didnt get
to do all the mods.  I bought it modified, and i would love to do all the
mods myself.  Well BTW does anyone have any comments on the 88 16v's?  Were
they drasticlly different from the rest?  How much is a front air dam?
See ya later all
Rus