RE: 16V or not 16V? (Was: Antenna mod)

At 04:49 PM 2/19/97 -0700, you wrote:
>On Wed, 19 Feb 1997, Tim Ebling wrote:
>>
>> Well, the matter of my car seems to be somewhat clearer now.  It was
>> manufactured 1/86, and the engine code according to the sticker near the
>> spare tire well is JH - i.e. 8v.
>>
>Strangely enough, there's someone else one the list with exactly the same
>sort of car - an '86 8v with a 16v transplant.  Darrell?  Hello?  It's a
>very clean installation; we didn't realize it was a swap for quite a while.
>
>Kevin Wenzel                                                           KB0MQM

I also have one of these things- an '84 Scirocco2 chassis
with an '87 16v engine in it- the mechanic and I, after the original
owner's comments, figure it has about 60K miles on it. It idles
roughly- could be any number of things- but runs strong. When I got
it, there wasnt an Oxy. sensor, nor a knock sensor, and the rear trans
mount was a piece of rusted solid metal! It ran leaner than anything
and was certainly fast as hell, it had no seats in it except for a tiny
little race bucket which my cat now sleeps in.

Paul
'84 S2 w/ '87 16v engine