Re: 16V or not 16V? (Was: Antenna mod)

At 01:54 PM 2/19/97 -0500, you wrote:
> The 16v engine code in 87-89 (maybe 86) was PL.

Thats right.

>The 86 up 10:1 compression 8v was RD.

Thats also correct but the RD motor never came in a Scirocco.

>I have a friend that owns a 86 16v scirocco as well.
> According to my local VW dealer parts guy, (he is awesome, not your
usual vw
>parts bozo) 86 cars did not ever have 16v's, but my friends date of
>manufacture was 3/86 and the sticker reads PL for engine code.

I dont know if you meant it that way but I got a huge kick out of what
you just said. First you say hes no bozo then prove he *is* by quoting
him saying that the 86 never had the 16V. LOL!!!! Well, I dont think he
is a bozo, he technically is correct in that the 86 didnt have the 16V,
it was the 86 1/2 that did. (with the production date 0f 2/86)  I hope
you guys can see the humor in this geeky tech stuff!

Shawn