Rain-X removal

I love the advantages of Rain-X, but I don't like having to reapply it
every 3000km.  What's worse, I can see it starting to build up on the
windshield in the area swept by the wiper blades.  What's the best way to
remove this stuff completely?  I've been using laquer thinner, in the
absence of anything better, but I've heard good things about a product
called Bonomie (?).  Should I be using a mild abrasive at this point?
Some sort of hard-water remover?

Thanks...

----
"So groovy I dig me...."