Re: Speaking of Sway bars

At 01:37 AM 2/17/97 -0500, you wrote:

>Well I have a 16V I hear the rear swaybars are pretty good?

I think the stock rear bar is a 24mm? (Somebody knows for sure) Whatever the case,
I hear that it is indeed pretty good. But then again, theres nothing like a big fat
28mm bar under there! I keep bending my left/rear mounting bracket. I cant figure
out why.

>Hey I know what your thinking but in this case he's "The man" My
>roommate told me abpout this guy. I was talking with him he said he used
>to race a VW rabbit that could do 150MPH how true this is I don't know
>but he said he had a nice Koni setup. He's definately a VW fan and not a
>typical Midas Midaz? service manager.

I wasnt badmouthing it, not one bit. I was badmouthing the chain "Midas". Crooks in
mechanics clothing. But, if you got a good connection "inside", then go fer it! You
got nothing to loose by talking to him. Whats the worse thing that could happen,
you'll learn something?

>It pulls all the time but is worse under braking. Same tires and strut
>bearings are new (1 year old)I think its out of alignment. It shakes too
>and really pisses me off. I used to be able to drive 100MPH and the car
>felt smooth now 75MPH seems uncomfortable.

I went through a set of strut bearings in 6 months! (damn brazilian made crap!)
When it comes to strut bearings, you gotta buy German.
The shaking could also be the CV boots. Are they torn, ect. I had vibrations once
from a ripped boot. Id also suspect the tire ballance. Rotate teh fronts to teh
rear and see what kind of difference that makes. It might stop the vibration in the
steering wheel and now you will feel it in your bum! (at least your fingers wont
fall asleep anymore...)

>Got the 16V maybe I need larger stress bars.

Thre isnt a different size in stress bars. I think you mean swaybars? Or maybe you
need to add an upper stress bar?

>Its great really surprising someone who thinks their "the shit" in their
>Mustang, Camero etc. The limited SLip diferental sounds great but
>expensive.

In comparison for a Qauafe at @$1,000, the $299.95 is a deal for the amount of
added front wheel traction you gain.
Then again, if your HP limited, the stage one will suit your needs quite well at
$170.95! (isnt this a "Velocity" Plug) I ran with this for a couple months before I
upgraded to the stage 2 kit. Its great but I got a little more HP than I do
traction so I really had to upgrade to the stage 2 to keep the inside wheel from
spinning. Especially in the rain, Yikes!!!

Shawn