Need advice...

Seems like I'm experiencing something similar to the post regarding the fuel
pump problem.  Although I'm not experiencing any "bucking," mine would just
die out at any given speed at any given time.  I would here like a buzzing
or humming sound coming from behind the passenger side when I restart.
Sometimes it would start right away and appears that the problem is gone.
At other times, I would have to wait several minutes before I can restart.
I'm guessing it's the fuel pump since I can always here that buzzing sound
everytime this happens.  Also, everytime I start the car my idle would
fluctuate like crazy.  This would last for a couple of minutes until it
finally rests just below 1K.  Any ideas?  Any advice is appreciated.  Thanx.

RhoMel
86 16V