Re: carbon fiber hood

>At 09:19 PM 2/8/97 -0800, you wrote:
>>I was wondering if anyone knows of a source for carbon-fiber hoods for my A1
>>Scirocco. They are a LOT lighter than stock metal and i need to replace mine
>>anyways.
>>I'm also looking for carbon fiber driveshafts.
>>
>>Kevin - '81 scirocco S

        I don't who makes a carbon fiber hood or why one would be produced
seeing that a hood is a non-stressed member of a car.  There may someone who
makes them out of fiberglass, but there again I am not sure who.  I think
that fiberglass would be the way to go for your hood.
        Spicer on the other hand makes composite driveshafts for american
rear wheel drive cars.  I think you are asking for axles and not
driveshafts.  Check with spicer they may have them.  Try calling them at the
driveshaft division in Ohio at 1-800-636-DANA.
					DOM!
					1980 VW Scirocco S
					1983 Alfa Romeo GTV-6
					1986 Kawasaki 600 Ninja