Re: carbon fiber hood

At 09:19 PM 2/8/97 -0800, you wrote:
>I was wondering if anyone knows of a source for carbon-fiber hoods for my A1
>Scirocco. They are a LOT lighter than stock metal and i need to replace mine
>anyways.
>I'm also looking for carbon fiber driveshafts.
>
>Kevin - '81 scirocco S

Sorry I cant help you with your search but do you realize how much a CF
Hood would cost????
More than your car, thats for sure! At the moment, the cost for CF
products is sky high. Give it a couple years when carbon fiber becomes
more common on the market and the price will come down to a more
realistic level.
Now if you were to get into the CF molding business, that is a money
maker! Getting into it is another story. Its not easy and the contacts
are few and difficult to maintain.
I'm sure that if you got enough money and want those items bad enough,
somebody will make one for you, somewhere.
Todd, you do this stuff to or do you just do the paint by numbers
thing?  :)

Shawn