Re: Starting problems

> Over the last couple of weeks I've had some problems starting my car.  It'll
> turn over beautifully, but it just doesn't want to catch.  I took it to my
> mechanic who said just shake the key.  Tried that and it didn't work.  What
> he meant was lift the key while the engine is turning over.  Amazingly
> enough, it works.  What concerns me is the long term.
>
> Has anyone out there experienced this?  Any ideas on the cost to replace or
> whether I should or not?

	I had this same problem a few months ago.  What it turned out to
be was a problem in the distributor.  It seemes that the piece of metal
that is the contact point between the stationary and rotating parts of the
distributor was corroded.  This lead to some interesting situations, but
that is another stoy entirely.
	I dont know if that is what your problem is but you may want to
check there....:)

	-Adam