Re: Anybody done a stroker 2.2? (long)

At 10:30 AM 2/4/97 -0800, you wrote:
>If you are going to upgrade to a 2.2L, I suspect that you are going to
>use 10:1 or 10.5:1 compression.  Also, if this is the case you will
have
>to put a later model ignition with knock sensor.

I meant to add this bit of info as well.
Im installing a knock sensor from a 86' GTi onto my car (in retaining
the stock 8.5-1 pistons for autox rule reasons) so that I can bump my
timming up to 12 degrees and not worry about it pinging while on the
autox course. (I need everything I can squeeze outta my Scirocco to
beat that GTi!) Anyway, if you want details, ill write up a "How To"
for you when im all done and everything works.

Shawn
86' Jetta GLi
82' Scirocco GTi
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and