Re: cam sprocket replacement help

Ryan,

Unless you want risk damaging the components in the head (by spinning it
backwards with an impact), I would recommend removing the cam and sprocket
from the head and then disassemble it.  You'll find that once you remove
the cam&sprocket from the head, you'll still need a benchvise to hold the
camshaft in place while you undo the sprocket bolt.

Good luck.

At 5:26 PM +0000 12/31/97, Ryan Schuermann wrote:
>how do i get the cam sprocket off? the cam wants to move with it and
>no room to get my impact wrench in.
>
>Ryan
>--

  Qui Le
  '90 Red G60 w/ Autothority Stage III
  '80 White Rabbit Convertible w/ 1.8L 8V, 80mm AFM, 270 cam,9.5:1, Audi TB
   www.earthlink.net/~radog60