Re: Funny stuff, this snow and ice

Ken Buck wrote:

> Just wanted to share a cool story about my rusty rocco with its 4
> studded snows in a nice ice storm we just had here in Allentown, PA.

Hey, were neighbors! (if you live in allentown).  I am 15min away in
Quakertown.

> It is soooo cooool to drive around 4, yes 4, 4X4 pickups as they sit
> stuck in the ditch.  Just take it slow, let the studs spin aliitle to
> dig in, and just keep on drivin.  When they looked at me in awh, in
> my tiny VW, I just stuck out my tounge and kept on truckin.  It is
> truly amazing what a little $400 car with studded snows will do vs.
> those $38,000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limiteds.  HAHAHAHAHA

I need a winter rocco :).

> As far as the questions about driving in the snow,
> PRACTICEPRACTICEPRACTICEPRACICE
> Find an empty lot about 3:00AM, tell the cop what your doing, and
> LEARN how to drive.  That is how I learned to drive in the snow, that
> is how I learned how to left foot brake, and then that was how I
> learned to dirt track race(used a dirt field with permission).

I agree, but make sure there are no "hidden" speed bumps or them
cement parking lot things (what are they called?).  I was parcticing
my snow driving a few months after I got my license in my first car
(85 Scirocco 8v, YES) and there just happend to be a curb hidden under
the snow,THWUUMP! there goes one of my turantula rimes :( (I found a
straight new one for $10 though!).

Etrik