Re: car will not turn!!!!!!!

On Mon, 15 Dec 1997, Jason wrote:

> At 07:24 PM 12/15/97 -0500, you wrote:
>

> >thought that it might be the batteries, jump the car......  but it still
> >will not turn.....  the batt is fine......  i can hear the click but it is
> >very slow though.......  it seems to chck instead of click .....   it
> >goes.....  chuckkk......  1 sec....  then chuckkkkkk......  the die.....
> >what's up with that ???????????  heeeeeeelllllllpppppppp!!!!!!!!!  i am
> >going to die without my babe!!!!!!
>
> 	Do all of the accessories on your car work properly?  (The lights, heating
> fan, radio, etc).. if they're not all really dim, then your battery is
> okay.

Not always - I've had two batteries go bad in a manner like this - the
accesories all work, but the battery won't turn the car over, and
jumpstarting it only sometimes worked.  Happened once in each of my VWs -
first time around, it confused the hell out of me, as the battery _seemed_
ok, as the lights/horn/radio worked, seemed like the starter was
jammed/had really high resistance.  Kinda strange, but it can
happen.......

I.Mannix

> 	If not, don't try to start it any more... your engine is probably
> partially seized or something horrible like that.  **********Make sure you
> have oil in the engine!

Or, if you were messing around with the airflow plate while the fuel
system was pressurized, the cylinders might be filled with gas.  Don't ask
how I know this:), but it'll act similar - lights work, battery acts dead.