Re: Shift Points and Fighting The Law

Absolutely!!!
Fight it! Where I live, (In NC) they will reduce the speed just for
showing up in court.  I just took one to court, 51 in a 35, and
because of my clean record, got it dropped to a non moving spedometer
violation. Ethically, it makes no sense, as the punishment has
nothing to do with the crime, but the ticket was $95 and it does NOT
go on my record at all, and doesn't effect my insurance!!!
     If I were about to loose my license for 3 years, I would
certainly get a good lawyer. (The DA explained it to me as, "If you
are sick, you go to a doctor, if you have car problems, you go to a
mechanic, well son, you have legal problems...)
     Good luck, and remember that the people in the court room are
definately not on your side.
                Geoff