Woes

I have had nothing but trouble with my scirocco in the past few weeks! Last
week the master cylinder went out this week after taking the advice of
everyone I went out and installed the upgraded low beams into the car not
most of my lights stopped working! They are not getting any power for some
reason. What could cause this? I took a digital voltage meter across ground
and hot and Nothing at all, they were working............Is it possible to
do a front end alighnment by yourself?

Anyone have any ideas as to what to replace?
1984 rocco 8v 137k (I need major interior parts).