O-rings from HELL!!

Heres how the story goes...

Its a cold Thursday, just plain ugly outside.  Two days befor
I ordered up some injector o-rings, air and oil filters and wipers.
I figured the o-rings would cure my idle problems.  At about 1:00pm
I get the package, so natually I started right away.  Changed the oil
and filters, then onto the rings. First I put some lube and try to
just yank  them out, no go, then I try a screw driver, same thing,
finally I get an old 12mm box end and use it as the puller, with
cosiderable force I finally get the first injector out.  I proceed
to remove the rest, pop, pop, eerrrrrr....Hmmmmuuaaaarr, as usual
the last one don't budge.  So I take a brake and remove the
old rings from the three that are free.  The old rigs dont
even seem to be rubber anymore, they may have been at one time,
but not anymore.  They are more like very hard nylon, broke
a razor blade cutting them off!  So, back the stuck one, I work
at it for about 30 min, nothing.  Then, putting alot of force
on it I hear a CRUNCH, by this time the colorfull language started.
I knew exacly what it was that made the crunch, the lower (plastic)
piece of the injector shroud.  So at this point I know I am
going to have to remove the lower intake manifold to remove the
broken pieces and make sure nothing went where it wasn't supposed
to go. I remove the alt, upper and lower intake with no real
problems and look it over, just like I thought broken shroud (sp?).
It is now 11:40 pm so I turn in.  Today I get up real early and
call Mark, order up all the parts I need (broke).

To be Continued.......

Etrik