Re: To kill a mocking dash

On Thu, 11 Dec 1997, admin wrote:

|My vibrating squeaky dashboard and wheel was driving me majorly berserk

--snip--

|To Fix:
|1) Tighten hard the 2 screws at each end of the dashboard.

--snip--

|If you've attacked the problem in a suitably anal way your reward will

--snip--

|you can git yer hands on. About an hours'work.
|
|greg
|--

Yep, had a similar problem. All of this can be traced back to those motor
mounts. My 84 was a vibromonster when I bought it, and the bad
rear/passenger side motor mounts had rattled just an amazing amount of
things loose.

Make sure to check under the hood, too, if you've had bad mounts. I had
problems with broken/loose pivot bolts for both the compressor and
alternator which just got done giving me big headaches. Had to redrill the
pivots on the mounting brackets cause of busted bolts.

Vibration a baaad thing, unless you like that kinda stuff! :-)

~C

     Christopher Mende             ICEMT         O: 515-294-6738
     www.icemt.iastate.edu           @           F: 515-294-5531
     bayern.me.iastate.edu    Iowa State Univ    H: 515-292-6658