Re: mad b's locking system?

> From: Sean Rabey <rabeys@cadvision.com>
> Thanks for the info on the locking system.  the parts are not nearly as
> expensive as i thought.  I'm sure its the instalation, and hooking it up
> my alarm, that would be the big cost.
>
>         And Greg, you said you have done this before.  Is it a DIY
jobbie,
> or is it fairly complex?

It's not hard at all, in my opinion.   If you can at least install the
actuators, and run the pair of wires through the door jam into the car, you
should save yourself a decent amount of $$$$.   Getting the wiring right is
a little more work than actually mounting the parts.  If you can install an
alarm, you should be able to hook up the locks.

Hopefully the info I put online will give you a little clearer idea of how
I set my locks up.      http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/3414/vwlocks.htm

Disclaimer: I am not a professional installer, only a hobbiest.  If you
blow up your car in the process take pictures so I can laugh! ;)

Good luck!

Gregory S. Davis
1985 Euro-Spec Scirocco       http://members.iglou.com/scirocco

Member & Webmaster -- Cincinnati Volkswagen Club

"GAK Motorsports.....Your source for European License Plates!"
http://members.iglou.com/scirocco/gakmotor.htm