Re: Delorian look alike?

At 09:47 AM 12/8/97 +0000, you wrote:
>I have a Mk I so it has sharp edges like the Delorian. I think if the
>Mk II had sharp edges it would look more like that, with the twin
>square headlights and a sharper snout.  I get comments
>all the time about where I turn the time circuits on and where my
>nuclear generator is and if I can't drive when there's lightning.  I
>wonder if it was designed by the same italian guy that did the
>Scirocco I?

	As far as I know, yes, it was.

>> I thought the Delorean mill was sourced from Buick?

	I just went back to my 1981 Road and Track test drive of the Delorean..
and it was the PRV V6... Maybe you're thinking of the 3500cc V8 that
Rover's used for years?

>> >Delorean, which, incidentally, EVERYBODY tells me my Scirocco looks like.
>>
>> Hmm, are we talking about the car with the gullwing doors and the stainless
>> steel body?  I don't think it looks anything like a Scirocco II.  The
>> Delorean is all sharp edges while the S II is rounded off.  Just my
>> opinion....

	Well, if I look at the pictures, I can see the resemblance to the S II.
The front is pretty close- but then again, anything with the quad
rectangular lights looks similar.  The overall shape is pretty similar,
IMHO.... but I was on the road next to one last week and it's HUGE in
comparison.  I was looking up to the guy like he was in a mini-ute or
something.  Didn't slow him down, tho, we were both going over 100.  <whoops>
	I think it's also the color of my car that helps... it kinda looks like
bare metal.  Oh well, to each his own.
			Jason
			87 Scirocco (Pavement/Aluminum color)