even more questions

Hey all,

	I just replaced the alternator and today the battery in my car and
now it is running, but I am now noticing that after running my car for
more than 5-10 minutes, my idle will begin to jump up and down when I'm
not on the throttle.  It will happen if I'm at a stop light or if I'm in
neutral and braking but it also happens if I downshift and lay off the
gas.  The idle will jump up to about 2000rpm's and then drop down until my
warning lights come on and then it will jump back up again.  Any ideas of
what this could be?

Thanks,
Rich
1987 scirocco 16v-black(bouncing idle)