Re: brakes are a speed demon's best friend

>Hey Jay,
>	I can only assume that Bentley has detailed enuff instructions, because I
did my complete brake job (rotors and pads all the way around) 1 month ago
with a Haynes, and it was okay.

>	The front brakes are cake.. no problems there, with the possible
exception of getting that retaining screw out of the disc.  Just use an
impact screwdriver and it comes right out.  Both front rotors and pads took
ME less than 40 minutes... so no prob there.. (But then again, I didn't do
calipers or anything.)

>	The rear brakes are a little tricky because of the parking brake
assembly... and you have to do the bearings, which I didn't know until it
was too late.

>	Before you start, make sure you have a ride to the parts store just in
case.. it helped me a lot.
>	The rear caliper comes right off after you get that cotter pin out of the
hub, disconnect the e-brake cable, and remove the caliper.  In order to get
the piston back in, you need to turn it clockwise (I'm pretty sure it was
clockwise.. it'll say in the book) like 1 million revolutions.  Before you
even start this, go to Sears and get a 12mm Allen key... Mine has CRAFTSMAN
-V- 46667 written on it.  You won't be able to do it without this tool...

>	Don't forget to have the bearing races pressed into the hub before you
start... we made the mistake of assuming they'd be in there, and I had to
press them in with a baseball bat and a sledgehammer... (don't tell ANYONE
I did this)  (hehe).  It worked, I guess...

>	Lube the shit up at chuck it back on, but don't tighten the hub bolt.
The pads are a bit tricky to get in right, just be patient.

>	I didn't do my lines (yet) but somehow I don't think it's that necessary-
I bled the system real well and I now have no play at all in the pedal
(used to go 3/4 way down before it did anything- and remember- I only had
30,000 mi on the car...)

>	I just did mine, so if you have any q's, write me again...
>		Good luck.
>
>		Allow yourself at least 5 hours!! (By the time I figured out the whole
bearing shit, that's how long it took me!)

>			Jay
>			The Other Onw
>
>PS I used OEM rotors, rear pads, and Advantix front pads... but your
choice for fronts is probably better.