Re: help me w/ my new car

> >G-Grind Cam (is this the 'euro' cam?)
> Yup, you can get a HOR cam for $99. Lifetime garantee...

from where? this is a solid lifter car right?

> >Audi 5000 T-Body
> Yup!

ok, if I can't find one..will a 1992 16v Passat T-body work? I gotz
me one of those already!

> >Power pipe gizmo
> don't waste your time, money..

well, I would make my own of course but the general idea of removing
the 'S' tubing and replace it with a 'l' tube.

> >K&N airfilter
> Definitely! Especially if you plan to keep it. I think its a must have
> since you never need to buy a paper filter again. Also if you get the
> common 8V problem of oil in the airbox, it doesn't ruin a brand new
> filter. Not to mention whatever performance gains it may or may not
> offer.

ya I seem to like my K&N in the Scirocco, No More Filterz!

> >tuned downpipe to a 2.25 collector
> >2.25 cat back exhaust system
> Nope. Stay with the 2" cat back system. Go with a dual outlet manifold or
> header if its not already got it. Your wife might not like the added
> sound of the header. Stay away from the larger system because the 8V
> loves the EG velocity the 2" gives. Torque baby!! YEAH!!

hrm, well damnit, as an 8v I hope it has the 4->2 exhaust manifold,
and I got this really sweet tuned downpipe to a 2.25 collector I was
going to use for my long-ago abandoned G-60 project, it's even got a
place to install an oxys sensor on it! But I don't want to install a
header (noise) and if you say not to go above 2" I could just keep
the cat-back 2" ? I wanna use this thing, it's just sitting in my
garage!!!

> that's usually what's wrong with most ca brio's. The suspension is
> usually crap and the shift bushings are non existing. We were looking at
> buying one when we found the GLi. Every single one we looked at was junk.
> One I couldn't even shift so I left it on the side of the road a couple
> hundred feet from my car. Screw that noise.

the suspension is great , and it's an automatic so no shifter
bushings..but it's just that after driving on my koni's, there ain't
no going back! this car is like new, bought it from a  mechanic/
friend who's givin' his approval on it, and I trust this guy 110% on
VW's. As he did all of the service on it for the past 5 years.

> So, it takes OWNING an 8V before you will pay any attention to one eh? I
> see how you are!

well, no, I know my 8v stuff, remember I have owned one for the last
6months..just never driven it (see below) I just never kept the
hop-up info.

> >btw anyone know someone looking for a Probe (good f$@# riiddance!!!)
> that's a joke, right?? Bwahahahaha!!
umm no, the Cabriolet is replacing it so out it goes! hoorah!!!! I
just hope some dumb, nieve, crazy person actually will want to buy
it! Damn I'm a 3 VW car household now! ..this is getting cool!

> BTW* How's your Reiger kit comming along?? Isn't it soposed to be done by
> now??

fuc|< no! the shop it's been collecting dust in still hasnt found
anyone, I gave them till Jan 1 to hire someone competant, and if not
i'm pulling it or they better contract it out. Kinda good in a way,
since I have't paid for it, I was able to buy this Cabriolet!

Ryan
1987 16v Scirocco (Road Warrior Extreme)
1986 8v Scirocco (Rieger GTO/Comp 2.1L 16v in the works)
1987 8v Cabriolet (Mint baby, MINT!)