Re: Arno Pae <arno@ddbn.ee>: Re: W12 420hp (not scirocco related)

At 13:15 12/2/97 -0500, you wrote:
>A V8 (or a V12) in VW is a strange concept to me (VW Limos???). Even the
>VR6 was a little weird to me - until I found out the design was so
>compact that it would take little more space than a 4 . . . . . (and
>172hp!)
>
>I've always viewed VW's as good cheap fun cars - I'm sorta excited by the
>new Bug - great idea - but I hear it'll start @ $18G or so . . . .
>
>Somewhere in the back of my head I worry that VW will lose sight of what
>they do best . . . . but they probably won't  . . .
> . . . Mark
>Scirocco 1982, 1980S (dying), previously 1981S (RIP), 1975TS, 1975

I think VW 'lost it' around 1975, with the first Wabbit (I had one - YUCK)
and has been getting their act back together for the last 20 years. Between
'75 and maybe '80, many of their cars were as bad as American crud. With
certain exceptions, always...

18 grand is not all that expensive these days. In 1979 the last Beetle
'verts were selling for almost half that - and the 'New Beetle' is supposed
to be a FAST car...

Chuck Kuecker

ckuecker@mcs.net

'83 Scirocco (Katy's car now)