Re: A simple but effective clutch lockout.

At 05:43 12/1/97 -0500, you wrote:
> Hope the security thread here isnt getting long and tiresome... I'd just
>like to share a thing which took me 1 hour to make, costs 15 bucks and
>seems to offer some solid security. Measurements may be a bit different
>on other cars.
>
>A simple clutch lock. The Nub :-)
>This little thing is not for putting on every time you hit the store but
>rather to protect your regular overnight parking (because every ho
>slappin' punk with a screwdriver also knows where your scirocco sleeps).
>It takes about ten seconds to put on and can augment whatever else you
>use. Just throw it in the glove compartment when not in use.
>
><snip>
>
>greg

Unfortunately, it won't stop the professional with the tow truck, but a good
cheap deterrent..

I think the shifter/handbrake lock plus this should deter all but a flatbed
truck or someone who takes the time to put the car on dollys.

Chuck Kuecker

ckuecker@mcs.net

'83 Scirocco (Katy's car now)
'58 Ghia Convert