Re: Re[2]: Y'know what I saw that was funny?

At 17:32 8/29/97 -0400, you wrote:

>The Dodge Omni IS a VW Rabbit!  They bought the chassis from VW. That means
>they have the same chassis as the Scirocco - I bet every one gets a warm
>feeling thinking of that... sz

Are you sure? The early models used VW engines, but the body panels are all
different, and the car seems a bit wider than the VW. This was when VW was
building Rabbits here. After VW shut that plant down, the later models used
someone else's motor, far as I know. I would be real surprised if any of the
chassis parts fit VW's, except for the long block.

Chuck Kuecker

ckuecker@mcs.net

'83 Scirocco (new paint!)
'58 Ghia Convert