Re: Anything like a Scirocco

Didn't even plan to respond to the discussion about what cars are like
Scirocco's as far as driving is concerned but I've come up with one.

Now don't laugh me off, but I clean a friends Porsche 911 a couple times a
year and I guarantee you that it is an experience unlike any other.  I'm
not talking about a cost-is-no-object one but a 1977 911S. They are valued
at about $8500 or so which is well within reach for most VR6 owners.

The experience, like I alluded to above, is truly amazing.  If you think a
Scirocco feels responsive to your inputs (and it does), you're in for a
whole different level of enjoyment with the Porsche.

Before I embarass myself, let me point out that I know perfectly well that
the insurance and routine maintenance are also on an altogether higher
plane.  Not a cheap car to keep, but they are very solidly built (my
friends has 120,000 miles on original motor) and don't often have big
problems.  When they do, it's blank check time, though, and I concede that
fact immediately.

The reason I'm gushing is that I just had the car this past weekend and
upon getting back into my 16V Scirocco, I noticed some serious shortcomings
of my car.  Thankfully I'm getting past it now and continue to love my
Scirocco.  The greatest item on my wish list?  BRAKES and lots of them!
Sorry to go on for so long and I hope I didn't piss anyone off with Porsche
talk.

Steve Theodore