Just bought a scirocco/questions

Hi all,

I just bought an 86 scirocco 8v and am very impressed by it except for
a few minor details.

  The major problem i have is that when the car idles, warm or cold,
it goes down to 400-500 rpms for a few seconds, then back up to a
normal idle at around 900-1000 for a few seconds.  It cycles between
these two idles for as long as i don't give it any gas.

If I give it some gas while it's idling really slow, the car makes a
short high-pitched squeal.

I also think that my two-way sunroof is too hard to open and close.
The mechanism seems like it works perfectly but it is WAY harder to
open than any of the other vw sunroofs I've seen.

Also, anyone have any advice on installing some 6 by 9 speakers?  I
have a pair from my last car.

Thanks for any advice.
-Aaron Whittington