Re: Any home methods for replacing control arm bushings

snoalh@unx.sas.com wrote:

> Hi Everybody-
>   Has anyone been successfull removing control arm bushings
> themselves?  I got some nice poly ones from Mark, and it would
> be cool if I could remove the old ones and install the new ones
> myself, but I have no press and I haven't figured out an
> obvious way to remove the old ones.
>                         Thanks,
>                         Arthur
> --
> Arthur L. Hunt                       SAS Institute Inc
> snoalh@unx.sas.com                   (919) 677-8000 x6876
I presume you're speaking of the front bushings...If you are, a
pneumatic chop saw with a 3" cutting disc.  Definately a job, but worth
it!  Put some really tacky waterproof grease in the new bushings...they
won't squeak. They will make YOU squeak with joy...like a little girl!
(giggle)

Jim