Subject: wheels, gaskets
Author:  "Jeff Wheeler" <j_dubbya@msn.com> at TGATE
Date:    8/14/97 3:32 AM

I noticed the wheels on a fellow employee's Audi 4000 (looked like an '86 or
so; flush headlamps and whatnot) as I left work today, and it occurred to me
that they might look dandy on my '82 Mk.II.  I recalled that the 4000 was
related to the Quantum, and the Quantum used to sport the same 14" wheels as
the A1 GTI in some applications, so the hub and bolt pattern and offset ought
to be compatible, no?  They're the multi-thin-spoke Ronal-looking type with a
warm silver finish (could just need washing!).  Any caveats?

Also, I need new gaskets for my door handles and hatch lock.  Any of you folks
in the parts biz able to supply this sort of thing?

Finally, just how foolish was I to purchase and install a no-name,
Israeli-manufactured fuel filter from the local Advance Auto?

Thanks, all!