Re: Exhaust Downpipe

>Has anyone ever changed the exhaust downpipe on a SciroccoII with out
>the special VW tool?  I need to know if there is any other way to remove
>those c-clips that hold the downpipe to the manifold.  I have a downpipe
>from my 85 parts Scirocco that I'd like to be able to use. Thanks.

Its easy w/o almost any tools. Find something that fits in the clip and
just push it away. Start dealing with it and I'm sure you'll find a way.

But - they are damn har to get back on w/o  a tool. But the tool is easy to
make - you just need a string (my english sucks so I hope you get what I
mean), bend it to something like the clip itself, but longer and use the
upper end for the clip and lower for whatever you are pulling it with.
I don't even imagine, ho does the VW special tool look!

No help - right? Try it it's possible! This is the one helpful sentance
Arno