Re: OXY sensor readings??

At 11:29 8/11/97 -0600, you wrote:
>Does anyone know the numbers one should get by attaching a multimeter to
>the test plug dealie to read the oxygen sensor?  I can't find it in the
>Bentley, curious - I think it is 28ohms?  mV?  Ahh, don't know.  Anyone?
>

>Mannix

The oxy sensor is actually a small fuel cell - it has a very high
resistance, and will probably read open if you use an ohmmeter. Full rich
output is about 1.5 volts, if I remember properly - there's something in the
manual about using a flashlight battery to test the circuit. You need to use
a high impedance voltmeter to avoid loading down the circuit - analog
multimeres will not read what the computer is really seeing, and will cause
the computer to try to 'fix' the reading by changing the mixture - probably
much richer...

Chuck Kuecker

ckuecker@mcs.net

'83 Scirocco (new paint!)