Re: Scirocco GTI ?????

On Sat, 2 Aug 1997 21:43:53 -0600 (MDT) Iain Mannix <mannix@privateI.com>
writes:
>> Shawn! The store of knowledge! NO.....there were some brought
>> over....there are a few American 1979 Scirocco GTi's
>around...(according
>> to mannix there is one here in Boulder.....)
>>

>> Eric
>

>Yes, seen it myself.   I have not seen the window sticker, but the
>owner
>claims he bought it new.  I did not ask if he bought it in Canada,
>however.....the Canadian market seems to get the non Americanized
>cars.
>FWIW!  TTYS!
>Iain Mannix

Thats some interesting new info that Mike posted. 1.6L Scirocco GTi! Now
its my new collector car to have!
The 79 does have the older front fender with the turn signal doesnt it? I
prefer that to the newer MK-I fenders/signals. (Or was that a 78?)

Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi
82' Scirocco GTi
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and