Re: Audi GT scirocco-l-digest V1 #314

> > Does anybody know how close of a cousin the Audi GT is to the Scirocco? To
> > me it looks like a bigger version. I have a chance to buy one for a winter
> > driver. Anybody have any experience with these cars?

I had one in Germany.  I loved it but it had a problem with cutting
out at 5800 rpm.  I returned it to the guy I bought it from and bought
the 89 Scirocco Scala.  Other than that, it was lowered 1.5 inches, Koni
suspension, injected 5 cylinder, 15" wheels, nice blue color...blah
blah. It wasn't the turbo version, so it wasn't very fast at all, but it
was very roomy and shifted great.  One thing I noticed about it was that
it revved real high.  At 100 mph, it was turning about 5700, then it
would cut out (computer problem) if I went any faster.  Really sucked on
the Autobahn.  Maybe that's just the Euro versions that rev high.  BTW,
it was an 83.  For the right price, I'd buy one again.

-Mike
95 GTI-VR6