Re: Audi coupe GT

On Fri, 1 Aug 1997, Motley wrote:

> Does anybody know how close of a cousin the Audi GT is to the Scirocco? To
> me it looks like a bigger version. I have a chance to buy one for a winter
> driver. Anybody have any experience with these cars?
> Thanks for the help
> Don Dawson
> 87 16v

I owned a 85 Audi GT coupe......great car(it's an Audi!)..smooth driver,
lots of torque with that in-line 5 mated to front-wheel drive...wish I
could steal the shifter out of one of those.....two things to watch
for...power windows...break easy, EXPENSIVE to fix....front controll arm
bushings...mine were really bad when I bought the car...and it was only 10
years old.....other than that, I would love to own one again(especially
around here in the mountains...loved that motor...)

Eric