Re: exhaust manifold

On Thu, 31 Jul 1997 17:27:17 -0400 "Motley" <motley@tason.com> writes:
>Does anyone know in the exhaust manifold from a 16v will fit on a 8v
>engine. A friend of mine would like to switch to a dual outlet
>downpipe
>with the flex coulpling like the 16v
>Any help would be appreciated
>Don Dawson
>87 16v

The 16v manifold won't fit an 8v head, the exhaust ports and mounting
bolts are totally different, but VW did use a simmilar manifold on there
later model Golf/Jetta II's with the 8v, that will work with the
flexjoint downpipe, but I think I would go with the older dual port
manifold off an early Rabbit or Scirocco, they work fine and don't have
the flexjoint to burn out and start leaking like they all do some time or
another. Hope this helps.

Shikaroka
tdjarrett@juno.com
82 Scirocco 16v (highly modified)