'85 scirocco

My '85 idles really bad when it's cold.  I have to keep it at 2000 rpm for
about a minute and then it seems to run ok.  If i don't keep my foot on
the gas for the first minute it'll run at 1000 then dip down to 0 and
either quit or sputter and run up to 100 again.  Does anyone have any tips
to remedy this problem?  Also, how hard is it to replace the front rotors
myself? (no experience with brake work).

Check out my homepage: http://www-personal.umich.edu/~flounder/
             **
           ******
          **********		    "The Fish Have, in Fact,