Re: Turbo continued

>Took Turbo off Eclipse?? no ive Driven Both turbo and non.

The turbo and non turbo versions have different engines, unless somethings
changed for the 98 year model. When I say different engines, I don't just
mean different compression. Its an entirely different engine. I've driven
both, and would've bought the GSX had the price been right. The power in
the GSX was very impressive, especially when you consider the car is heavy,
and powered only by a 2.0L turbo engine. The lack of power on the low end
isn't that noticable, especially if you're used to keeping it up in the
revs, like a 16V engine. The lag wasn't mcuh to speak of either.

  Some factory turbos are just there to get an acceptable amount of power
out of an otherwise lethargic engine. Its not a bad concept, as it allows
you to get more power when you need, good gas mileage when you don't need
the power.

>inherently Wrong ??? on Turbo?? no id just Rather have a non Turbo Turbos go
>out  i know just like Every thing else but would just rather not deal with
>it. True you  can Run Pump gas on a turbo where if you Tweak your motor to
>the Same hp more than likely the only thing youll be able to run in it is
>Race Fuel!!! i like that aspect of Turbo. any way .

Once you start pumping some serious power out of a turbo, you're just not
going to be able to match the power output with a normally aspirated engine
of the same displacement. Turbos are a little more maintenance, but if
built well, its not much more, and they can last a long time if properly
maintained(ie allow it to cool down so you don't coke the oil in the
bearing).

>SPU if you Know About Scca So much why dont you know about SPU??? and yes
>sounds like a Gt class<< SPU is all motors under 2.0l That for the most part
>are modified beyond Gt classes. im sure they do allow Turbos not positive but
>i think they do. Still Getting the information on Exact Regulations .

   Like I said in a previous post, I'm pretty sure it was HSR that
multiplied the turbos engine displacement by 1.7 to figure out the
appropriate class. I'm pretty sure most other racing organizations that
base classification on displacement have some sort of similar methods to
handicap turbo cars, otherwise, a turbo car would have an incredible
advantage over a non turbo car(assuming both have engines built to the same
level).

Brad