Theoretical Electronic supercharging - again

Hey everyone. I posted an idea of mine a while back, about creating positive
manifold pressure (boost) by means of an electric compressor.  I have since
been thinking seriously about it and its benifits.  I have been doing some
research and have come up with a few questions for anyone who knows alot
about supercharging:

-first of all - does anyone know anyone that does supercharging systems? Like
engineers? Someone like this would be very valuable.

-how do you measure the absolute capacity of a super/turbo charger?  Is it by
the PSI of boost at specific revs or by a industry standard rating?

-does anyone know of an easier way to test power output then dyno testing?
 The engine would most likly not be installed in the car if this makes a
difference.  How are HP figures "at the crank" obtained?

Any help would be appreciated!
Rus Mehta